Wednesday, November 12, 2008

i was asking my mom if uncle tjo was always this serious and strict.
and she told me this story about him when he was my age.
i find it pretty hilarious ah.

uncle tjo's chinese name is actually tjo tien.
in hokkien, tjo tien also means "fixing electricity".
there was this once where he went to visit my aunt at Medan.
uncle tjo: *knocked on the door*
aunt: ya?
uncle tjo: tjo tien ah! (im tjo tien!)
aunt: huh?! bo ah. wah lang bo ai tjo tien ah. (no. we didnt asked to fix electricity.)
uncle tjo: mm si la. wah si tjo tien. (no la. im tjo tien.)
aunt: tsk! to gah le gong liao. wah lang bo ai tjo tien lah! ( already told you! we dont wanna fix our electricity.)
LOL. wat the hell.
and he stood outside the house for really long before my aunt decided to whack the irritating "electrician" and opened the door to see my uncle in an incensed expression.
i can only imagine. HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

okay lame.

No comments: